Going Deeper March 17, 2019
John 13 ends with the disciples distraught because Jesus spoke about his death. The disciples started to understand the true nature of the next few hours, and made big claims about following Jesus. Jesus realized how troubled they were and comforted them. In this classic passage, Jesus gave clear instruction on eternity and their destiny. Jesus reminded them that their home was in him alone and the Father would guide them into greater things.
1. Jesus told his disciples to “trust in God; trust also in me.” Why was Jesus telling them to trust in him? » John 14:1
2. Jesus told his disciples that he was preparing a place for them. Where was Jesus talking about and why was he telling them this? » John 14:2-4
3. In John 14:6, Jesus told his disciples that he is the only way to the Father. Discuss how Jesus is the only way and why.
4. Phillip continued to question Jesus about the Father. Jesus said if you have seen me, then you have seen the Father. What kind of relationship does Jesus have with the Father and why is that enough?
5. Read John 1:1-14 and discuss the importance of this passage as it pertains to John 14.
6. Jesus made the promise that we can ask for anything in his name and he will do it. Discuss what that looks like in your life today.