Use these questions to dig deeper after the teaching.
Group Questions: Be Real. Disciples…do not love the world.
1. What is something silly and serious that has happened in your world this week?
2. Read 1 John 2:15-17 and discuss how the passage speaks to you.
3. Discuss the three things the world offers in 1 John 2:16. Be real and share some personal examples of your struggles with all three.
4. Discuss things in this world that can be enjoyed (drinking, eating, sex, etc.) and also examples of how they
can be at God’s expense.
5. Pray and ask God to protect you from a self-righteous heart…now read out loud Romans 1:18-32.
6. How does Romans 1:18-32 relate to 1 John 2:15-17? Why does God take offense to loving the world?
7. End the group by sharing how this topic challenges you and pray for one another.