Pray! Begin having the discussion of going with God:
- Where you should go
- For the people/places you will be going to serve
- For the team, those going with you
- For the funds
Praying for people/places:
- Practice asking God WHAT to pray
- LISTEN—Practice LISTENING to God speak to us about what to SAY and
- HOW to pray for opportunities
- Let Him guide and talk to you while you are praying
- Have a basic understanding of how to share the gospel
- Be graceful to those around you especially if you don’t know them or their story
- Give your: Time, Talent, or Treasure and then watch Jesus
Make some effort:
- Find verses you would share with people about how God sees them. Verses about His love and how He will leave the 99 and how He wants to heal sickness
- Have a simple way you share the gospel with someone in your own words and with your own story intertwined.
- Read about missions and/or a missionaries life
Attend the various meetings for training and meeting the team and others interested in missions.
- Information meetings: For those interested in World Missions, an overview of Stonewater Church trips and our approach to missions. Also a time to meet others of like interest.
- Equipping meetings: Typically 2 meetings where the details and training are provided for a specific trip. A time and place to ask questions. Also, the time to begin building relationships with other team members.