StoneWater Worship Vocalist Auditions
Thank you for taking the first steps in pursuing auditions with the StoneWater Music Ministry! Please read the below information carefully before you begin to fill out your audition application.
StoneWater Family Values
Put the goals and interests of others above my own.
Live an honest and open life before others.
Give and receive Scriptural correction.
Clear up relationships.
Participate in the ministry.
Support the work financially.
Follow spiritual leadership within Scriptural limits.
We want to be clear that the highest level of commitment and expectations are placed on the Volunteer Vocalists. When one stands out front with a microphone in their hand, there are expectations from those we are leading about the life we live. Our motto is “No Perfect People Allowed,” and that goes for all of us. Having said that, the Vocalist position is not for those currently asking the question of who Jesus is and do I believe in Him; for those walking in willful disobedience; for those who just want a place to sing; etc. If that’s where you are, we would count it an honor to sit down with you and help you discover who Jesus is and what it means to be a committed follower of Him, and/or to find your giftedness and where it may best fit within StoneWater.
Expectations for serving as a Worship Vocalist Volunteer
- If you become a part of the team, you submit to the leadership of StoneWater Church.
- Social Media is huge, and most of us use it a lot. We expect that your presence on Social Media will be one that represents Jesus, yourself, and SWC well and be full of love, hope, grace, and peace.
- If you are placed in any worship role, you will be expected to show a high level of commitment to your service area. This includes practicing ahead of time so that you’re ready for rehearsal, being on time, and letting your “yes be yes.” We ask this because when we are committed, prepared and punctual, we are truly embodying one of our values – Put the goals and interests of others above my own.
- We believe that at StoneWater you can find Hope, Purpose, and a Place To Belong. We believe that in Groups, we find community and real relationships that move us closer to Jesus. Since that’s who SWC is, serving as a Worship Volunteer means you are in a Serve Group. That’s great! We also believe there is vital personal growth that can happen as a member of a Home Group. As an adult, if you need help finding one we’d love to help you do that. If you are a student, we ask that you be involved in our Elevate Student Ministry on a regular and committed basis. Check out our website at stonewaterchurch.com for more information on all 6 of our Group types here at StoneWater.
- For weekends you are not scheduled, we expect that you attend more than you miss. We want you to be connected, and only attending when you are singing doesn’t lead to connection to SWC and the people.
- Not every worship opportunity is going to be on a big stage, so we really value humility and a willingness to serve wherever you may be needed.
What is the Music Ministry looking for?
- Singers who, for the most part, have a more contemporary, current sound. Many talented singers do not serve with the music ministry because they simply are not a fit stylistically.
- Just because you may not be asked to serve does not mean you are not talented. Our audition process is designed to look for the right fit for each team depending on the needs at the time.
- Some of the ministries in which musicians serve at StoneWater demand less skill than others, but all ministries demand people who have a daily, abiding relationship with Jesus.
- Our preference is that individuals have a solid grasp of their skill, and a good, general knowledge of their craft.
- We are looking for team players who have a teachable heart and attitude, and who can receive direction and encouragement within their involvement.
What is the process for Worship Auditions?
Complete the Worship Audition Form. You will find it by scrolling down to the bottom of the page. IF INTERESTED IN SINGING AND PLAYING, PLEASE FILL OUT THIS APPLICATION.
- Once we receive your application and we believe you are ready for the next step, you will be invited to a live audition within 4 weeks. The songs we’d like you to choose from are: Promises Never Fail (Bethel), We Praise You (Brandon Lake), Living Hope (Phil Wickham), and What A Beautiful Name It Is (Hillsong).)
- The Worship Team facilitates all auditions no more than once a month.
- You will sing in front of and/or with members of our worship staff. You may be asked to hear and sing along with a brand new song to you. We’ll be looking for how quickly you pick up and adjust to a new piece of music.
- We will vocalize you to let us hear your range.
- In the live audition, we are looking for things like: singing in tune, good presence, good body language, comfort level, ability to adapt and adjust, etc.
We will review your application before your live audition. At your audition you will receive one of three responses:
- Let’s schedule you for a Trial Run with the team. This means that you’ll be scheduled to sing two times. Afterwards, we’ll discuss if this is working well for you and for SWC or not and see if expectations for each of us are being met. We’ll make any adjustments needed at that time.
- We would like you to work of something specific – intonation, comfort level, etc – and let’s see you again in 3-6 months.
- We don’t think singing on the Worship Team is the best fit for you. (While this may happen, it is rare and an extremely difficult thing to say.) However, we are charged with shepherding what happens on the stage at StoneWater. As we lead and create, we seek to draw attention to Christ and lead others with excellence. In our years of experience, we’ve found that someone who cannot sing in tune or looks very uncomfortable is actually a distraction to the overall experience. We will be kind and gentle, and we will be honest. The fact is that there are many places to serve at SWC, and we want to help everyone be connected and serving in the place their gifts and talents best fit.
StoneWater Music Ministry VOCALIST OR VOCALIST/PLAYER Form
There are a few ways to do this:
- Fill out the form below.
- You will receive a reply from the worship leader at the campus you specified indicating that we received your application and you can expect to hear from us within a week.
Questions? StoneWater Church – 817-579-9175