Group Questions: First and Best
1. Share a win and a loss in your life from this past week.
2. Read Colossians 1:15-20 and take turns explaining each verse in your own words.
3. What brings you comfort and peace in knowing God is first and best?
4. Read John 3:16, explain how God gave his first and best in Jesus?
5. Activity…As a group, make a list of 10 important categories of life.
6. Discuss how you can put God first in each of those categories?
7. Time to be real…which area of life is most difficult for you to put God first?
8. End by reading Romans 10:9-10 and praying asking Jesus for the faith to make him Lord over all your life.
Christ Is Supreme
15 Christ is the visible image of the invisible God.
He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation,[e]
16 for through him God created everything
in the heavenly realms and on earth.
He made the things we can see
and the things we can’t see—
such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world.
Everything was created through him and for him.
17 He existed before anything else,
and he holds all creation together.
18 Christ is also the head of the church,
which is his body.
He is the beginning,
supreme over all who rise from the dead.[f]
So he is first in everything.
19 For God in all his fullness
was pleased to live in Christ,
20 and through him God reconciled
everything to himself.
He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth
by means of Christ’s blood on the cross.
16 “For this is how God loved the world: He gave[a] his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
9 If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved.