A 10-Week Journey With Jesus
This passage follows the grand showcase of one of Jesus’s greatest moments, his Triumphal Entry. One week before Jesus rose from the dead, he endured events from praise as a new king to the pain of the crucifixion. But in the midst of that, Jesus always kept the main thing in mind, that his Father receives glory! Jesus closed out this section with a reminder that He is the light of the world, and anyone who believes in Him should not stay darkness.
- Discuss the scene as Jesus arrives in Jerusalem. (John 12:12-19)
- What’s all the excitement about? What does Jesus mean when He says, “the hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified?” (John 12:23) How does this affect us today?
- There are many who did not believe in Jesus and his miracles. Who were they and why did they not believe? (John 12:37-41) Have you confessed Jesus to be Lord over your life?
- John says many believed in Jesus, but were afraid to confess their faith because of fear of man. Today, how can we overcome the fear of confessing faith in Jesus Christ? (John 12:42-43)
- In these verses, Jesus spoke of the Father as one with himself. (John 12:44-46) What kind of unique relationship does Jesus have with the Father and how does that encourage you?
- John 12:47-50 is a warning for those who do not believe in Jesus or listen to him. Jesus’s words lead to judgment or eternal life. Do you believe in what Jesus says? Discuss the power of God’s Word!