Feb 17, 2019
John 11: 1-44
Jesus made his final move toward the region of Jerusalem to the village of Bethany to attend to his friend Lazarus. The story of Lazarus is one of the most powerful miracles as Jesus shows that he is the master over life and death. As Jesus arrived at the home of Lazarus, he found his friend had died and had been buried for four days. All hope had been lost, until Jesus did the impossible! When Jesus said, “Take away the stone,” there was still confusion on what Jesus was about to do. Then Jesus called Lazarus from the grave and out the dead man came and the impossible was complete!
- What promise did Jesus give Mary and Martha and how does that affect us today? (vv. 1-4)
- Jesus waited before He went to Lazarus’s house. How does this encourage you when you don’t get an immediate answer to your prayer? (v. 14)
- Jesus was moved in spirit and troubled and then Jesus wept. Why? What does this tell us about Jesus? (vv. 32-37)
- Why did Jesus pray to the Father? (vv. 41-42)
- Lazarus’s resurrection was a message about life after death. Jesus wants us to know the promise of salvation. What’s your salvation/eternal story?
- What main theme do you see in this passage and how does this apply to you?