1. Pastor Joey listed 7 problem areas that people face that sometimes causes them to turn away from following Jesus.
Have you struggled with one of these? How did you overcome it?
I’M WITH JESUS UNTIL…
1. DEATH of a spouse, child, parent, or friend.
2. DIVORCE because of an affair or because I fell out of love.
3. DREAMS are lost. Lost job, lost my business, lost hope for future.
4. DISEASE- Cancer diagnosis. Chronic pain. Trauma or Accident.
5. DAMAGED- Relationships, abuse, abandonment, betrayal.
6. DESERTED by God, spouse, dad, mom, or friends.
7. DESTINY- I am not where I want to be in this stage of my life.
2. Read John 6:22-71. The crowd of disciples were offended by Jesus’ teaching and they left.
I’m with Jesus UNTIL I am offended.
John 6:61 (NLT) Jesus was aware that his disciples were complaining, so he said to them, “Does this offend you?
John 6:66-67 (NLT) At this point many of his disciples turned away and deserted him. Then Jesus turned to the Twelve and asked, “Are you also going to leave?”
John 6:68-69 (NLT) Simon Peter replied, “Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God.”
3. Pastor Joey used an illustration about making allowance for other people’s faults. He used a money jar showing how much God has forgiven us and how we should be prepared to forgive others.
Why is it difficult to forgive? Are you struggling to forgive anyone? Are you offended at God?
Colossians 3:13 (NLT) Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.
4. Pastor Joey concludes by giving people a time to forgive people and to once and for all restore your relationship back to God if you have been offended at Him.
Explain what was going on with you. How would life be better if you could forgive and be restored to God?